If you have been directed to this article then the Boundary app couldn't pair up your outdoor siren so we have a couple of steps below for you to try:
1 - Does the LED on the outdoor siren flash?
When you begin the pairing process you should get a brief flash from the LED from the front of the outdoor siren. Note that this will only happen if you insert the battery after you have scanned the QR code. If you are not seeing a flash then either the protection tab is in place on the battery or the outdoor siren could be faulty.
2 - Was the battery inserted or is the protection tab still in place?
This is quite an important step. The outdoor siren will not begin pairing correctly if the battery tab is not removed at the right time. The correct sequence is:
- Make sure the battery tab is in place or the battery is not inserted into the outdoor siren
- Scan the QR code to begin the pairing
- When prompted, remove the battery protection tab or insert the battery
- The LED will flash and the pairing should be complete within 60 seconds
3 - Has the outdoor siren paired as an Unknown Device
Sometimes a device can partially pair with our platform in the cloud without confirming what type of device it is. To check and help with this:
- Log in to the Boundary app
- Select Settings > Sensors > Unknown Device
- Select Edit > Remove Sensor > Yes, remove this sensor
4 - Try resetting the outdoor siren
If the above steps don't work then it is possible the sensor needs to be reset. Make sure the outdoor siren has been removed from where it's mounted and open the lid.
Then ensure the batteries are in place or the protection tab has been removed and tap the tamper rocker switch inside the outdoor siren 3-5 times quickly. The LED should flash. Once it stops flashing remove a battery from the outdoor siren and then try to pair it again.
5 - Contact Support
If none of the above steps works then you will need our support team for help. Just click here to create a new request and let us know:
- What the problem is
- Any error messages on the app of the hub when pairing
- The first five digits of the 40-character DSK code from inside the outdoor siren
If we cannot assist in getting the outdoor siren paired then we can replace it for you as it may be faulty.
You can continue pairing any other device you have for your system, just place the problem device to one side so you know it's not paired correctly.