If your Boundary alarm is professionally monitored with police response then it is a requirement that it is serviced on an annual basis. This ensures the system is functioning correctly and reduces the chances of false alarms.
We carry out two audits each year, one is a remote audit and the other is an onsite visit by an engineer. There is no charge for either audit unless there is appropriate chargeable work required. This should only happen if you wish to make changes to your system.
How is the onsite audit booked?
The process for the maintenance visit is simple and semi-automated:
- We will contact you 60 days before the annual renewal of your system
- You simply need to let us know the contact details for the visit and the preferred dates/times
- Our booking team will get in touch and confirm the appointment details
- The engineer will visit and carry out the work required
What if I don't arrange a visit?
We will remind you thirty days before the annual renewal if we haven't heard back from you. We will then send a second follow up 7 days before the renewal.
If the renewal is not completed by the agreed date then the system will be deemed at risk and the monitoring service will be withdrawn. You will still be charged the monitoring subscription but you will not be actively monitored.
If you decide to downgrade to a non-monitored plan then this is fine but if you change your mind later then fees will apply as we will need to visit your home to reconnect the system to our monitoring centre and make a new application to the Police to monitor your home.
What happens during the visit?
During the visit the engineer will carry out a number of tasks:
- A visual check of the system is carried out to determine if any changes have been made or if there are any visual issues with the hardware
- All batteries in the sensors and siren(s) will be changed
- An attenuation test will be run to confirm signal strength for the sensors is acceptable
- A walk test and arm/disarm test will also be completed
- Communication between the hub and the monitoring centre will be confirmed.
It is important that this work is carried out each year to provide an acceptable service to you but should you have any questions then please do contact the support team.