If your outdoor siren is offline or you get continual messages at your hub saying Z-Wave disconnected these may be related.
Why does this happen?
The problem is that there's a communication issue between the outdoor siren and the hub on the secure internal Z-Wave wireless network. There may be a few different reasons for this, so identifying the root cause and a fix may take some trial and error.
Ways to help
Restart the hub
In the first instance, please restart the hub this can refresh the Z-Wave connection at the hub (and in turn other devices through your home). See Restarting the Central Hub.
Restart the outdoor siren
Also, you could consider restarting the outdoor siren to try to help with this:
- Make sure the alarm is disarmed
- Grab a cross headed screwdriver and safely get within arm's distance of the outdoor siren
- Loosen the 2 retaining screws and open the lid
- Open the battery tab
- Remove a battery for at least 5 minutes
- Reinsert the battery and close the lid
- Leave for 20 minutes
If this doesn't fix it, please contact support. For us to help best, please:
- Explain the issue & the steps you've already taken
- Provide the first 5 digits of the DSK code for the outdoor siren (see: Where to find a serial number)
- Provide a floor plan of your home including the hub, all sensors, and the outdoor siren for us to review