If you have been directed to this article then the Boundary app couldn't pair up your sensor so we have a couple of steps below for you to try:
1 - Does the LED on the sensor flash?
When you begin the pairing process you should get a brief flash from the LED from the front of the sensor. Note that this will only happen if you insert the battery after you have scanned the QR code. If you are not seeing a flash then either the protection tab is in place on the battery or the sensor could be faulty.
2 - Was the battery inserted or is the protection tab still in place?
This is quite an important step. The sensor will not begin pairing correctly if the battery tab is not removed at the right time. The correct sequence is:
- Make sure the battery tab is in place or the battery is not inserted into the sensor
- Scan the QR code to begin the pairing
- When prompted, remove the battery protection tab or insert the battery
- The LED will flash and the pairing should be complete within 60 seconds
3 - Try resetting the sensor
If the above steps don't work then it is possible the sensor needs to be reset. Make sure the sensor has been removed from the bracket first of all.
Then ensure the battery is in place or the protection tab has been removed and tap the grey tamper switch on the back of the sensor three times in the space of 2 seconds.
The LED will flash either red/blue or just a slow flashing red. Either of these outcomes indicates the sensor has been reset. You can now try pairing again.
4 - Contact Support
If none of the above steps work then you will need our support team for help. Just click here to create a new request and let us know:
- The type of sensor you are trying to pair
- Any error messages on the app of the hub when pairing
- The first five digits of the 40 character DSK code on the back of the sensor
If we cannot assist in getting the sensor paired then we can replace it for you as it may be faulty.
You can continue pairing any other sensors you have for your system, just place the rogue sensor to one side so you know it's not paired correctly.