For your protection
This feature is intended to provide helpful insights into your home environment and security, but you acknowledge that they are not intended to enable you to make decisions about your or anyone else’s personal health and safety and use of our products and services should not replace your good judgment and common sense.
The activity alerts feature has been designed so you can stay in the loop and know what is happening in your home when the Boundary system is not even armed. You can use this feature to create personalised alerts to be notified of any unexpected activity or even be told when activity should be happening in your home.
For example, if your Boundary system is installed in a location where you would like to make sure an elderly relative is OK, you can set up an alert to be sent to you when no motion is detected when you know they're at home so you can check-in and make sure they're ok.
You can even set this up to spy on your pets moving around the house and getting into rooms they shouldn't be in! Whatever your need though, the activity alerts are there to help you stay informed.
The video below will give you a quick walkthrough of this feature:
Setting up an activity alert is super simple, just head over to Settings > Activity Alerts through the Boundary app. You do need a paid subscription to see this feature though.
- Tap the blue Add Alert button to begin
- Under the Notify Me When header, select the sensors you want to apply this alert to and tap the Add Selected button when you've got them all
- In the Detect section, just decide if you want to log Activity when something happens or Inactivity if you're interested in something not happening
- Next, select the days of the week that you want to log the alerts for, useful if you want to ignore the weekends and just look at the weekdays
- Now you just need to decide what times you want to set for the alert and it will only run in those chosen periods
- Finally, decide how often you want to be alerted, you can set the frequency from every minute to once every 15 minutes
- Tap Create Alert and you're done!
You can create as many alerts as you like but remember you do need a paid subscription to use this feature, well worth the 32p per day the Smart plan costs we think!
You can edit your alerts at any time just by tapping the alert you setup. Make your changes and save. You can also disable an individual alert for a short period or deactivate all of them at once, the choice is yours.