In certain circumstances (normally due to the size, shape, and layout of a home), it may be diagnosed that a Z-Wave range extender would help increase the stability and range of connectivity for your Boundary devices. If our Customer Experience team provides you with a range extender, please see the set-up instructions below.
Pair the range extender
These instructions are specifically for the Aeotec Range Extender 7 only
- Find a location where you can plug in the range extender as far away from the hub as possible and as close to the problematic sensors/siren
- Don't plug it in yet
- Log in to the Boundary app
- Select Settings > Sensors > Add new
- Scan the QR code on the range extender (if this doesn't work, there should be a sticker inside the box the extender came in, try the QR code on the sticker instead)
- Plug the range extender in and turn it on
- Tap the button on the range extender and the light should flash quickly
- Pairing should complete in around 60 seconds
- Name the range extender > Assign to a room (if required) > Save
There will be a delay of 1-2 hours for the range extender to become fully functional whilst it rebuilds the internal Z-Wave network. After this, the signal will be boosted throughout your home.