These instructions are only applicable if you've been told by us that your installation service is ready. We expect to launch nationwide coverage by the end of August
Once we've let you know your order is on its way to you in preparation for your installation appointment, there are a few things you'll need to do before the installation day.
1. Confirm your booking
Our installation booking team will be in touch to let you know the date of your install appointment. Please make sure you're at the installation address for the entire appointment.
The booking team will make every effort to meet your requests but please expect an appointment date at least 10 days after your equipment is delivered. In some areas, this may be longer dependent on engineer availability.
If you need to make changes to your booking, please let us know no later than 48 hours before the appointment. Changes made within 48 hours may not be possible and may be subject to additional charges.
2. Create your Boundary account
This can be done at any time but please make sure you've created your Boundary account before the engineer arrives. It's very simple, just follow the steps below:
- Download the Boundary app from either the Google Play store or the Apple app store and install it on your phone
- Open the app and tap the Create Account button
- Follow the on-screen instructions until you get to the hub pairing screen
- At this point, stop and do not proceed further
- Close the Boundary app until after the installation
The engineer will pair your hub for you and it is very important you don't proceed further with the installation.
3. Prepare your home
To make life as easy as possible for you and the engineer here are some tips for you:
- Make sure you have a standard UK mains plug socket available centrally within your home for the hub
- Make sure all areas where your sensors and hub are being installed are clear to allow the engineer to use a small stepladder to reach high points
- Have your WiFi password to hand because the engineer will need to connect your hub to your WiFi
- Our engineers will not remove existing alarm installations
- Our engineers will need to drill holes and screw sensors to door/window frames and walls (it is a certification requirement that they must use screws and not the sticky pads we provide)
For more information about what happens next, see: what to expect on your installation day.