This article will walk you through the process of troubleshooting potential pet sensitivity issues with a motion sensor. The motion sensors have the ability to disregard movement by most animals up to 35kg.
How to activate Pet Sensitivity Mode
- Log in to the Boundary app
- Select Settings > General > Edit
- Ensure Enable Pet Sensitivity Mode is enabled/on
- Select Save
Test to see if your pet is triggering a sensor
Identifying if your pet is triggering a motion sensor can be tricky because a motion sensor may be triggered while you are not at home. If you think your pet is triggering a motion sensor, please try the following tests:
- Arm the alarm and then encourage your pet to walk in front of the same motion sensor to see if the alarm is triggered
- Arm the alarm and then encourage your pet to walk in front of a different motion sensor to see if the alarm is triggered
Check the Sensor Positioning
The sensor is designed to ignore pets at floor level so if your pet is able to reach the upper part of the "beam" the sensor uses then it could trigger this accidentally. Bear this in mind when positioning sensors and avoid pointing them towards your staircase or an area that would allow your pet to be above ground level when moving around.
Cats are ninjas so we appreciate that this might be difficult!
Restart the sensor and hub
- Remove the sensor from the bracket by inserting a flathead screwdriver into the slot at the bottom of the sensor and gently twisting the screwdriver
- Remove the battery and leave for at least 5 minutes
- Reinsert the battery and remount the sensor
- Leave for at least 20 minutes
- Tap the hub screen to wake the hub up
- Enter your owner PIN code
- Clear any messages
- From the menu, tap Reset > Restart Hub
- Please monitor activity for the sensor
If your issues persist, please contact support. For us to help best, please provide the first 5 digits of the DSK code on the bottom of the motion sensor, explain the issue & the steps you have already taken.