For security reasons, neither SmartThings nor any smart device or script connected to the SmartThings service can disarm your Boundary alarm!
Connecting your Boundary Alarm to SmartThings is very simple and can be completed in a few steps.
What you will need
- A Boundary alarm with a paid subscription
- The SmartThings app installed on your phone
- A smart home device that works with SmartThings
- (Optional) A SmartThings Hub - see below
Most devices that work with SmartThings do not require extra equipment but some devices need a SmartThings hub to control them. These are available at a reasonable price and have recently been rebranded as the Aeotec Smart Home hub. More information can be found here: https://aeotec.com/smartthings/aeotec-smart-home-hub.html
How to Setup
- Download the SmartThings app for your phone or tablet from either the Google Play store or the Apple App store:
Apple App Store
- Install the SmartThings app and create a free account or you can log in to your account if you already have SmartThings installed on your phone
- Once logged in, tap the Plus (+) symbol at the top right and select the Device option
- All devices that work with SmartThings are now displayed. Tap the By Brand option and scroll down to find the Boundary icon
- Tap the Boundary icon, then Others and finally select Boundary Alarm
- Under Location, select the location for your Boundary alarm or create a new location
- Under Room, select the room your Boundary alarm is in you create a new room
- Tap Next and you will be directed to the Boundary login for your alarm. Enter your owner email address and password and then tap sign in
- Once the connection between SmartThings and Boundary is complete, you can close this page and return to the SmartThings app
- The SmartThings app will now be connected to all the sensors and the Boundary hub. Tap the Done link at the bottom right and you ready to start working with SmartThings!
By default, all the Boundary sensors installed on your alarm and the hub will be listed under the room you selected when setting up above which can be confusing so it's best to assign the sensors to the actual room. This is very simple to do:
- From the SmartThings home screen, swipe right to left until you get to your room with the Boundary alarm and sensors listed
- Tap one of the sensors and it will show details for that sensor
- Tap the three vertical dots at the top right of the sensor detail screen and select Edit from the drop-down menu
- On the Edit Device screen tap the Room and then select the actual room where your sensor is located. You can also create a new room
- Repeat these steps for the remaining sensors.
You should now be ready to start creating your first automation!