This article will walk you through the process of finding a serial number on the devices which make up your Boundary alarm system.
There are 2 types of numbers that help you and us identify a device:
- - 9 digit UDI (unique device identifier) is usually referred to as the serial number
- - 40 digit DSK (device specific key), we ordinarily only need the first 5 digits
Depending on the situation, you may need to locate either/both of these. To do so, you will need to carefully unmount the device from its bracket and/or (in the case of the outdoor siren) open it.
- - The 9 digit UDI is on the bottom of the sensor (near the QR code)
- - The 40 digit DSK is under the battery
- - The 9 digit UDI is on the back of the sensor (to the left of the QR code)
- - The 40 digit DSK is on the bottom of the sensor
- - The 9 digit UDI is inside the siren (near the QR code)
- - The 40 digit DSK is inside the siren (to the right of the built-in spirit level)
- - The 9 digit UDI is on the back of the hub just beneath where the power cable plugs in
- - The hub doesn't have a DSK