Your central hub is provided with a 1.8-meter power cable, which is USB-C to UK mains plug. It is the only product in our alarm system with an external cable. Whether your central hub is wall-mounted or on a tabletop, you may wish to extend or manage the power cable.
We suggest you use the power cable provided, plugged directly into a mains socket without a power cable extension or adapter between the UK mains plug and mains socket.
Managing the hub power cable
While we designed our alarm system to be wireless, the hub power cable is the one cable we couldn't avoid (not bad going, eh?). We appreciate cables can be unsightly, so here are a few suggestions of how to manage the hub power cable:
- Use cable tubes or ties to neatly group the cable to others
- Use cable tacks or clips to neatly pin the cable to furniture, walls, floors, ceilings, skirting boards, etc.
- Use cable trunking to run the cable through
- Carefully and neatly drill into furniture, walls, floors or ceilings to run the cable through
Extending the hub power cable
While we suggest against using a power cable extension between the UK mains plug and mains socket, you could consider using a USB-C extension cable. This can be used between the central hub and the power cable provided by Boundary. If this option is for you, when selecting an extension cable please:
- Carefully measure the distance you need the power cable to run between the hub and the mains socket - this will help identify the length of extension cable you need
- Check the extension cable is USB-C
- Check the extension cable is male to female
Note: Boundary does not currently provide or sell USB-C extension cables.