Connecting IFTTT to Boundary is very simple and only takes a few steps. Once set up you will be able to start creating applets straight away!
What you will need
- A Boundary alarm on a paid subscription
- An account with ifttt.com
- A smart home device that is connected to IFTTT such as Phillips Hue
How to set up
- Create an IFTTT account at https://ifttt.com/join
- Tap the Create button to add an applet
How to use
IFTTT uses triggers and applets to control other smart home devices when something happens on the Boundary alarm.
- Once you have set up as above, search for Boundary and tap the icon when it appears
- Select the trigger action for the applet. This will be either:
- When the alarm is triggered or activated
- When the alarm is armed
- When the alarm is disarmed
- Tap the Connect button and this will open a pop-up window
- Enter your Boundary email address and password and tap Sign In
- Tap the Add button next to Then That and search for the device you wish to control
This will then carry out the instructions you define when the selected trigger event occurs.
You have now created your first applet! We also have a range of pre-built applets you can use, they are all listed in this article.