Use with caution!
Please do NOT carry out a factory reset on sensors unless you have been advised to do so by our support team. If you are a monitored customer you should never follow these instructions!
Continuing with this process may render your sensor unusable and require replacement or cause your alarm to require a full manual restore. Please contact us if you are unsure before continuing!
This article will walk you through the process of factory resetting a motion sensor. This will reset the sensor to the same state as it was when it was initially delivered but should only ever be done when advised to do so by the Boundary support team.
- Carefully remove the sensor from the bracket by inserting a flathead screwdriver into the slot at the bottom of the sensor and gently twisting the screwdriver
- Turn the sensor over and you will see a small, silver tamper switch as shown in the photograph below:
- Tap the tamper switch three times in the space of two seconds
- If the light on the front of the sensor then flashes red and blue, it has been reset
- If the light flashes a slow red then it was not initially paired and is already reset
- Remove the battery from the sensor
The sensor has now been returned to a factory-ready state.
Remove the sensor from the mobile app
If you have carried out a reset on the sensor and your hub was already up and running, then you will also need to remove the sensor from the app. To do this:
- Login to the Boundary app
- Tap Settings > Sensors > (the sensor you reset) > Edit > Remove device
- Confirm you wish to remove the sensor and it will be removed from the app
The sensor can now be paired with the hub again if you wish.