Use with caution!
Please do NOT carry out a factory reset on sensors unless you have been advised to do so by our support team. If you are a monitored customer you should never follow these instructions!
Continuing with this process may render your sensor unusable and require replacement or cause your alarm to require a full manual restore. Please contact us if you are unsure before continuing!
This article will walk you through the process of factory resetting a motion sensor. This will reset the sensor to the same state as it was when it was initially delivered but should only ever be done when advised to do so by the Boundary support team.
- Carefully remove the sensor from the bracket by inserting a flathead screwdriver into the slot at the bottom of the sensor and gently twisting the screwdriver
- Turn the sensor over and you will see a small, silver tamper switch as shown in the photograph below:
- Tap the tamper switch three times in the space of two seconds
- If the light on the front of the sensor then flashes red and blue, it has been reset
- If the light flashes a slow red then it was not initially paired and is already reset
- Remove the battery from the sensor
The sensor has now been returned to a factory-ready state.