This function will permanently erase all sensors, users, rooms and setting on the hub and will reset it to the factory defaults. This should not be carried out unless advised to do so by the Boundary support team!
Although possible to reset the hub back to the factory settings you should not do so under any circumstances unless the Boundary support team has specifically advised you to do so! Resetting the hub will immediately and permanently:
- Remove all sensors
- Remove all user accounts
- Remove all rooms
- Remove all the settings
- Will reset the hub back to factory defaults
If you have been advised to reset the hub:
- Tap the screen to wake the hub up
- Enter your owner PIN code
- Tap the Red Cross to clear any messages
- From the menu, tap Reset > Factory Defaults
- Tap Continue to reset the hub or Cancel to back out of the reset option
Recovery from a factory reset
The factory reset will clear all data from the mobile app and the hub leaving it ready to be set back up again. You will, however, need to manually reset the sensors, siren and extenders if you have one before they can be paired again.
The steps for the reset are below:
- How to factory reset a motion sensor
- How to factory reset a contact sensor
- How to factory reset an outdoor siren
- Range extender does not pair correctly
After resetting each device you need to remove the battery or power off the extender. This will then allow you to pair the devices back up again through the Boundary mobile app.
We can't stress this enough but this action cannot be reversed so extreme caution should be used! You will need to get in touch with the support team if this action is followed for assistance in getting set back up.