Customers who have their system monitored by us must not conduct this test unless advised to do by the Boundary support team or an engineer.
The tamper test is designed to test each of the sensors to ensure they are functioning as expected when they are removed from the bracket or tampered with. To conduct this test:
- Tap the hub screen to wake the system up
- Enter your user PIN
- Tap the Red Cross to bypass any on-screen messages
- Tap Tests > Tamper Test
- A list of all your sensors will now appear on the screen
- Walk around your property and:
- For each movement or contact sensor, carefully remove the sensor from the bracket
- For the outdoor siren, carefully loosen the retaining screws on the bottom left hand edge and open the lid
- Return to the hub and the list of sensors should now be gone and you will be looking at the home display screen
If you complete the test correctly and you still see sensors showing on the hub display, then make a note of the sensor still displaying and try to tamper it again.
You can test the tamper detection for the hub by gently removing it from the all bracket. Once removed, a warning will appear on the screen that the hub has been tampered.
If the sensor still displays after a second attempt then you should contact our support team for advice.