Customers who have their system monitored by us should not conduct this test unless advised to do by the Boundary support team or an engineer.
The walk test is designed to test each of the sensors to ensure they are functioning as expected. To conduct this test:
- Tap the hub screen to wake the system up
- Enter your user PIN
- Tap the Red Cross to bypass any on-screen messages
- Tap Tests > Walk Test
- A list of all your sensors will now appear on the screen
- Walk around your property and:
- Open doors or windows that use a contact sensor so that the sensor flashes blue
- Wave at motion sensors until you see a blue light at the font of the sensor
- Return to the hub and the list of sensors should now be gone and you will be looking at the home display screen
If you complete the test correctly and you still see sensors showing on the hub display, then make a note of the sensor still displaying and try to activate it again.
If the sensor still displays after a second attempt then you should contact our support team for advice.