If you have just received an email to let you know that your monitoring has gone live, then congratulations! You now have the highest possible level of protection Boundary can offer! It's time to relax in the knowledge that our team are keeping an eye on your alarm system 24 hours per day, every day of the year.
To help you get the most out of your alarm, here's what to expect and some do's and don'ts.
Don't touch me!
This one is important. Your system has been professionally installed and will be looked after by our engineers so there should be no reason for you to have to touch the sensors or swap batteries. In fact, we would rather you didn't touch the sensors or siren at all as this could cause a tamper alert to be sent to our monitoring station who will then ring you to check you're OK!
In addition, it is a requirement of a monitored system that only authorised engineers can make changes so play safe and don't go near the sensors, siren or try and move the hub. If you do need to make any changes then just let us know first.
Stay up to date
One of the requirements for a monitored alarm is that a keyholder should be available at all times. If you're away from your home for an extended period then you should make sure that at least one of your keyholders is no more than 20 minutes travelling time from your property.
If there's an activation then our team will call the keyholders in order to meet the Police at your home so it's a good idea to make sure you keep your list of keyholders up to date. The following articles will help you make sure you have users with access to your system and how to manage keyholders:
We all hate having our time wasted and that goes for the Police as well! We'll do our best to make sure the system doesn't generate any false alarms resulting in the Police being called but there are also things you can do to prevent this happening.
Remember, more than three false alarms in a twelve-month period resulting in the Police attending your property may result in the monitoring service being withdrawn!
- As mentioned above, don't make any changes to the system we have installed. If you need to make any change then let our support team know
- Don't move any heat sources such as lamps or bright lights near the motion sensors, they don't like the attention or the heat!
- Make sure you have enabled the pet sensitivity mode if you have pets. If your pet is more than 35kg you will need to create a safe zone for them when the system is armed
- If you set the system at night, don't forget to disarm on your way to the kettle in the morning!
- Make sure your keyholders are up to date through the mobile app and they all have access to your system
- Keep in touch with us! If you spot by strange messages on the app or the hub and we haven't already contacted you then do let us know. Our team are here to help.