Partial arming is a quick and simple method to arm your system but leave some areas of your home unarmed. This is useful if you have pets over 35 kg or you want to arm just downstairs when you go to bed.
Partial arming is only available on the Plus or Complete plans. This feature is not available to subscribers on our Lite or Starter subscriptions
You can set up partial arming from either the mobile app or the central hub. The following instructions are for the mobile app.
Create a Partial Arm Setting
- Login to the Boundary app on your phone
- Tap Settings > Partial Arm Settings
- Tap Add New Partial Arm Setting
- At the top of the next screen, name your new setting so "Night Time" for example
- Tap Add Sensors and select which sensors you want to arm for this setting
- Tap Done when you have selected all your sensors
- Once you're happy, click the Save option to save the settings
You can create as many partial arm settings as you wish and also change the priority order in which they appear. To delete a part arm setting, just swipe left over the setting name to delete.
Arming using a Partial Arm
To use your new partial arm settings, the process is very similar to a normal system arm.
- Login to the Boundary App on your phone
- At the top of the screen, you will see the label below showing the alarm is currently disarmed
- Tap the label and the following screen will appear:
- Tap the partial arm setting you wish to use
- The app will double-check the sensors and warn you if any contact sensors are open preventing you from arming the alarm
- The countdown timer will appear:
- If you wish to cancel the countdown, just click the Cancel link in the countdown
- Your system is then partial armed and your home protected!