This feature is not available on the Lite plan, it is available on all other paid subscriptions
The geofencing feature is a very handy reminder that is sent to your phone if you leave home and have forgotten to set your alarm. This is normally enabled by default when you set up your app by pinpointing the location of your home.
In order for a push reminder to be sent:
- You need to have a paid Boundary subscription plan
- The geolocation service must be enabled in the mobile app
- Location services must be enabled at all times for the app even if it is now being used
- When a system has multiple users with the service enabled, the reminder is only sent to the last person to leave the property
To enable the geofencing service in the app, follow these steps:
- Login to the Boundary app on your phone
- Go to Settings > General
- Click the Edit link at the top right of the app
- Click the slider button next to Enable Geofence Notifications
- Click the Save link at the top right of the app.
Granting Location Permissions
For the service to function correctly, you need to ensure that location services are enabled at all times for the Boundary mobile app. This is important as privacy controls in your phone have the option to only allow location services to be used when the app is running, at all times or never.
To make sure the right permissions are in place, follow these instructions:
- Open your phone Settings
- Go to Apps > Boundary
- This opens the Boundary app info. Scroll down and select Permissions
- Select Location and make sure that Allow all the time is selected
These instructions may vary depending on which version of Android you are running or your phone so you may need to check your providers help and documentation for this setting.
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services
- Make sure that location services are switched on
- Scroll down to find the Boundary app
- Tap the Boundary app and make sure that Always is selected
These instructions may vary dependent on the version of iOS you are running in which case you should refer to the Apple support site for more help.