If you have a professionally monitored system you must not attempt to change the batteries in your Outdoor Siren! More details at the end of this article.
This article takes you through the process of changing the batteries for your outdoor siren.
- Make sure the alarm system is currently disarmed before beginning. You will need the following items:
- Phillips (crosshead) screwdriver
- Eight AA Long Life Lithium Batteries
- Ladder and someone to hold them if your siren is out of reach!
- Ensuring the ladders are secure, access the battery cover inside by loosening the two retaining screws on the bottom left edge of the siren and carefully opening the lid as shown below:
- Unclip the clear cover protecting the batteries and remove each of the old batteries. You should not mix old and new batteries within the siren, always replace them all in one go.
- Fit the new batteries ensuring they are the correct way round
- Gently close the battery compartment cover until it clicks into place
- Close the siren lid until it clicks into place and tighten the retaining screws at the bottom left-hand edge
- The siren will pulse as it re-pairs with the central hub and become ready for use.
Professionally Monitored Customers
If you have our professionally monitored system with Police response it is imperative you do not attempt to change the siren batteries. This will result in a tamper attempt and will alert our monitoring centre.
We perform an annual maintenance visit every year to replace all the batteries in the siren as well as the sensors and they have been tested to last longer than 12 months with normal use.
If you do have a low battery warning for the siren or it's not functioning as expected then you should contact our support team for assistance.