Your installation engineer will fit your outdoor siren if you have purchased one. It's important you don't attempt to install the siren yourself before our engineer arrives or attempt to change the batteries!
This guide will walk you through the process of installing the Boundary outdoor siren.
Preparing the Siren
As the siren is going to be mounted at height outside your home, it's important to make sure it is within range of the central hub before you go outside and begin drilling holes at the top of a ladder.
1. Take the siren, a Phillips (crosshead) screwdriver, your smartphone and the siren to a room as close as possible to the final chosen location. This location should be easily visible from outside your home but out of easy reach from ground level.
2. Using the Phillips screwdriver, loosen the two retaining screws on the bottom left-hand edge of the siren and carefully open the siren lid:
Opening the siren lid
Pair before Battery Activation!
Make sure you follow the pair the siren before pulling the battery tab or you may waiting a good few minutes before the siren can pair itself with the hub!
3. You now need to pair the siren to your central hub. To do this, follow these steps:
- Login to the Boundary app on your smartphone
- Tap Settings > Siren > Add New
- Using the camera on your phone, scan the QR code on the sensor or tap the Enter Code Manually button
Location of QR code and manual entry DSK code
4. After a short while the siren should pair itself with the central hub. If the pairing was successful then the siren is within range of the hub. If the pairing didn't work then you may have to move to a location closer to the central hub.
5. Once the pairing is complete you can pull the battery tab protecting the batteries and close the lid. Don't tighten the retaining screws just yet though.
Attach the siren
Now that the siren is paired you can go outside and attach it to the external wall. For this you will need:
- Phillips (crosshead) screwdriver
- Drill and masonry bit
- Appropriate wall fixings (supplied)
As the siren will be mounted at height outside of reach, always take care when using ladders and make sure you have a second person supporting you!
1. After making sure your ladders (if you are working at height) are secure and being supported by a second person, climb up with the siren lid open to the location for installation.
2. Mark the top hole for the siren (shown in the image above) making sure that it, and the other holes, line up with brick and not the mortar running around the bricks.
3. Drill the hole for the top fixing and push in the fixing. You will now be able to attach the siren using the top fixing and a screw.
4. Using the built-in spirit level, make sure the siren is aligned and mark the other two fixing holes.
5. Drill the remaining holes and push in the fixings.
6. Tighten the screws through the remaining siren holes and the siren will now be attached to the wall. Be careful not to overtighten the screws to avoid warping the siren casing.
7. Gently close the siren lid and tighten the two retaining screws on the bottom left-hand edge of the siren
All done, your outdoor siren is now installed!