This article will take you through the process of creating a new account through the Boundary app.
Purchased after 1st May 2022?
If you purchased your system from Boundary after the 1st of May 2022, we have already created an account for you during the checkout process. You will have selected a password to use so just go ahead and log in to the app using this email address and password. There is a Forgot password function on this screen if you can't remember what you chose.
Once you have downloaded and installed the Boundary alarm mobile app, you will be able to create a new account to access your alarm system. if we haven't created one for you.
- Open the Boundary App on your phone
- Click the Create an account button
- Complete your personal details such as name, email, password and phone number
- Make sure you have agreed to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Statement
- Click the blue Create Account button to continue
You will now be guided through a series of setup screens to complete the initial setup.
1) Phone Verification
When you add a phone number on your profile, we use phone verification to make sure the number is correct as this is an important step for alerts and notifications:
- Enter the number you wish to use for your profile
- Once you have selected the Create Account button, you will automatically be sent a 6 digit verification code via SMS to your phone
- Enter the 6 digit verification code
- Tap Verify to confirm the code.
You can always tap the Request Code Again button if the code didn't come through or change the number you would like to use with the Edit Phone Number button.
2) Set Up
This first screen will ask you to either Accept an invite to an existing premises or Set up a Boundary System. If you are accepting an invite then you need to make sure the invitation has been sent by the account owner and verified before continuing. The next steps apply if you are registering a new system.
3) Postcode Entry
This screen will prompt you to enter your property postcode and click the Find my Address button. You also have the option of entering your property address manually.
- Enter your property postcode and tap the Find My Address button
- Scroll through the displayed addresses until you find your property address
- Tap the address you wish to use and click Continue
4) Property Location
In order for us to setup the geofencing feature (where you will be reminded if you leave the home without setting the alarm) we need to confirm a geo-location for your property.
Using the map, move the pin until it is precisely over the location of your property. You can use the slider below the map to increase the safe boundary around it.
Once you're happy, click the Confirm button
5) Installation Type
If you are installing the system yourself then tap the blue I'll be installing it myself button. If you are having the system installed for you by one of our engineers, choose the I've booked a Pro Installation button instead.
The DIY installation option will then guide you through the onboarding wizard. The professional install option will log you out of the app whilst your engineer installs your system.