Top tips for installing the central hub
- Mount the hub just below eye level for good signal strength and easy access
- Try to place the hub somewhere it can't be seen from outside
- Make sure your hub can reach a power socket. It’s best to pick one that isn’t often used to avoid accidental unplugging.
One of your first tasks is to get the central hub up and running. Before you dive into this section though, make sure you've read our guide to prepare for your installation as it will save time further down the line.
The following steps will walk you through the central hub initial setup:
- Position the hub in the appropriate room where it will be permanently situated. There's no need to attach it to the wall at this stage, just get the position correct for now.
- Connect the hub to the power supply ensuring you press the cable firmly into the socket at the back of the hub and switch on the power at the mains socket
- The hub will begin initialising and the word Loading will appear in the screen.
Patience is key
This step can take a few minutes, especially if this is the first time you've powered up the hub.
- Once the initial boot process has finished, the hub will automatically start searching for available WiFi Networks, the screen will look like this:
- Choose your WiFi network from the available choices by tapping it. NB: The hub will only detect WiFi networks on the 2.4GHz frequency and not 5GHz
- Enter your password for the network using the onscreen keyboard and press the green tick on the keypad to confirm.
- The hub will now connect to your WiFi network
- Once it is ready, the hub will ask you to enter the pairing code into the mobile app, you can read how to pair the hub in this article: Pairing the Central Hub
Mounting the Central Hub
You can now fix the hub in position to your wall or, if you prefer, use the desk mount.
During the course of the installation, our engineers will mount the hub to the wall. Note that this is a requirement for a professionally monitored alarm system and you won't be able to use the desk mount.
To attach the hub to the wall:
- Carefully unclip the backplate from the hub using a flat screwdriver. There is a small clip at the bottom of the rear case you will need to release as shown below:
Removing the backplate from the hub
- Select where you wish to position the backplate on your wall
- Ensure it's level and within reach of the mains socket, then mark the fixing holes through the backplate:
- Attach the backplate to your wall using suitable fixings. We do supply fixings for brick in the box but you may want to use plasterboard fixings instead. NB: Take care when fixing the hub bracket near electrical sockets, cables generally run vertically so you don't really want to drill into a live electrical cable!
Make sure you don't tighten the fixings too much, the bracket is sturdy but you don't want to warp or snap it!
- Clip the hub onto the backplate and secure the power cable to the wall using wire clips
- The hub is now installed and ready for use!