We see Boundary as an investment for your home rather than a "nice-to-have" gadget so we've put together some tips for you to make sure you have everything you need before you start protecting your home.
Step One - Planning
Planning out your alarm system is essential to ensure you have all the major entry/exit routes covered as well as enough movement sensors for your rooms. Other questions you might want to consider are:
- Do you want the system to be professionally monitored with a police response? This will mean the system will have to be installed by ourselves to ensure it can be certified.
- Do you have any pets over 35kg to consider? Our sensors are pet friendly but if you have very large pets, you will need to consider a "safe zone" for the alarm to be armed without pets creating a false alarm.
- Where are you going to mount the Central Hub? Ideally, it should be somewhere central to your home as well as reachable within 45 seconds of entering the main door.
- Are there any rooms on the upper floors that need protecting? Often overlooked but protecting your master bedroom at the least is important as this is will be a prime target for an intruder.
We can help take a lot of the guesswork out of this planning stage through our online system builder. This will walk you through a number of key questions to make sure you can build the perfect system.
Step Two - Installation
If you've opted for the professional installation service then we will take care of this part completely for you. One of our certified engineers will visit your home at the time of your choice to install the system, test everything works and show you how to use it.
If you wish to install the system yourself then you are more than welcome to do so, there are only a few simple requirements.
NB: You cannot install the system yourself if you would like our professional monitoring with police response service. It will need to be installed by our engineers.
- Screwdrivers - you will need a Phillips (cross-head) and a flathead screwdriver
- Drill - This is to drill the holes for the external siren if you have purchased one
- Ladders - Again for the siren, this needs to be mounted out of reach on the outside of your home
- WiFi - Make sure you know your WiFi password as you'll need this for the central hub setup
- A little time - The average home can be up and running in less than a couple of hours!
Step Three - Let's Go!
You need to download the Boundary mobile app to your Apple iPhone or Android device. You can do this from either the Apple or Android application stores. You don't have to own a top of the range smartphone as we've tested the app across a range of devices but ideally, it should be less than four years old and be running the latest available version of iOS or Android.
You can now dive in and get comfortable using your alarm! We cover in more detail the various features of the system in our mobile app section.