If you have a professionally monitored system you must not attempt to change the batteries on your sensors! More details at the end of this article.
This article takes you through the process of changing the batteries for your motion sensor.
- Make sure the alarm system is currently disarmed before beginning. You will need the following items:
- Flathead screwdriver
- One CR123A Lithium Battery
- About three minutes of time!
- Using a flathead screwdriver, unclip the sensor from the rear bracket by inserting the screwdriver into the slot as shown below:
- Gently lift the sensor upwards to release it from the bracket
- Turn the sensor over and you will see the battery at the bottom. This is shown in the image below:
- Gently prise out the old battery and replace it with a new one making sure it is secure
- Replace the sensor into the bracket, gently pressing down until you hear it "click" into place
The sensor will then re-pair with the central hub after a few seconds and be ready for use.
Professionally Monitored Customers
If you have our professionally monitored system with Police response it is imperative you do not attempt to change the battery or remove it from the bracket. This will result in a tamper attempt and will alert our monitoring centre.
We perform an annual maintenance visit every year to replace all the batteries in every sensor as well as the siren and they have been tested to last longer than 12 months with normal use.
If you do have a low battery warning for a sensor or it's not functioning as expected then you should contact our support team for assistance.